What's new

RT-N16 or 56u/66u

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

tempnet

Occasional Visitor
I am right now in the middle of a decision of buying either Asus's routers and for awhile now I have been asking myself why is the RT-N16 $90 and it performs waaay too low in the charts? I have the DIR-655 and for being a non flashable router (Ubicom), it performs really good but would like it to work with some VOIP hardware here but it isn't compatible. Is the RT-N16 limited by hardware or software? I know it runs flawless on either Tomato or DD-WRT and even the OEM FW which I'm surprised it is still being supported but why does it have unacceptably low Total Simultaneous and Maximum Connections? It definitely has plenty of flash storage and cpu frequency but is this a firmware limit? Will flashing third party firmware boost benches up in the top 15 routers? Cause right now I'm deciding between the RT-N56U or the RT-66U despite benching less by a couple of points over the RT-56U and costing $50 more. Thanks. :cool:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!