What's new

RT-N56U cli commands

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

toothandnail

New Around Here
I've recently picked up a second hand RT-N56U router, running the Padavan firware. Generally pretty happy with it so far, but I do have a question....

The one thing that I found useful in my otherwise-dreadful Technicolor 582n (ISP supplied) router was the ability to log in via telnet and toggle the wifi on and off. While the Asus provides cron events to do this, that is not really flexible enough for my needs. So I'm wondering if there is a list of available cli commands that can be used on the Asus - I'd love to be able to script toggling wifi (both 2.4 and 5 GHz) on and off as I need them.

I've got SSH login enabled, so I can get to the CLI easily enough, but I've not so far found anything which gives me a list of what commands are available.

Paul.

I've recently picked up a second hand RT-N56U router, running the Padavan firware. Generally pretty happy with it so far, but I do have a question....

The one thing that I found useful in my otherwise-dreadful Technicolor 582n (ISP supplied) router was the ability to log in via telnet and toggle the wifi on and off. While the Asus provides cron events to do this, that is not really flexible enough for my needs. So I'm wondering if there is a list of available cli commands that can be used on the Asus - I'd love to be able to script toggling wifi (both 2.4 and 5 GHz) on and off as I need them.

I've got SSH login enabled, so I can get to the CLI easily enough, but I've not so far found anything which gives me a list of what commands are available.

Paul.

This is a shell to a whole OS (Linux), not just a short list of specialized commands as in your modem. Documenting what can be run there would fill up a book.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!