What's new

RT-N56U No internet while xbox is online

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

BigDLondon

Occasional Visitor
Hi
My daughter is playing xbox360 online.But my wifi and desktop stop working until the xbox360 is offline.I'm using version Fw 3.0.0.4.374.4561.This has been going on since FW 3.0.0.4.3.7.4.2.3.9 Thanks BigD

Last edited:
-Did you make any of the often oddly recommended Xbox port-forward settings in the router? If so, what settings did you make?
-Do you say the wireless signal totally disappears when the Xbox is online?
-is the Xbox connected, wired or wireless?
If wireless, in Advanced settings>Wireless>General>2.4 Ghz and 5 GHz, there are checkboxes "Optimized for Xbox", what they set to?

Last edited:
The xbox is wired.There are no port configs for the xbox.It seems to be the only variable.I not only lose wifi but wired desktop as well.BigD

Last edited:
Maybe try and assign the xbox (along with everything else you have , that connect to the router, if you want) a static ip address......
Then put the xbox ip address in DMZ (this should put your xbox outside your routers firewall etc)
Hopefully that will help....
Strange problem, but just trying to help.
Hope it works.....Got my fingers crossed for ya!
Zainday

Yes, the xbox has it's own parental control settings in the console.
As far as the router goes, you technically should have static ips on each cpu, that way you can set up any type of parental control.
If you don't have static ip addresses....everytime you turn on or off a device or restart your router, you will have new ip's for each device, making it hard to filter sites etc.
If you don't know how to do it.....youtube will have plenty of how to or you can google it.....
I don't know if it will help your disconnect problem , but static ip's are usually the way to go for any router/network and as far as DMZ goes, it's best not to DMZ a computer, because it makes it easier to hack into...but xbox's aren't gonna get hacked into that way....(or at least i've never heard of it)
Hope that helps....
Good Luck!

i think its better to reset router to default factory setting and see if with basic setting everything working right first (u might need to setting WAN setting to get internet connection working)
then proceed to next step setting up router setting with ur perference and imho filter should be the last thing

if the issue still persist in default factory setting, then it might hardware issue
you can try re-flash firmware to see if it fix the issue or not

Well it's still doing it and I've tried Padavan and older Asus firmware.Sometimes I can use other devices and other times not.Another odditity is I can do a google search but can't open the links.So is it hardware or firmware ? Thanks Darryl

OK got a new Asus RT-N56u router using 3.0.0.4.374_4561 firmware and it is still doing it.So I dug up my old WRT 54g router plugged it into my Roger's (IP)Modem than hardwired Xbox into it and can't get any wifi internet during Xbox live gameplay.So it appears to be the xbox sucking all the bandwith during gameplay .Very strange indeed. BigD

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!