What's new

Segmentation fault

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Maurizio

Occasional Visitor
Hi, starting saying that i am am new to Bash and the resto linux, i made a short script to reboot my Netgear devices through curl and wget.

the problem is that i placed in the Crontab the script to run and every time they fail saying curl: segmentation fault.
only solution i have is to remove and reinstall libcurl.
Running the script manually, seems not to have issues.
the lines in crontab are like this:

15 5 * * * /jffs/scripts/myreboot105 > /jffs/scripts/cronlog 2>&1 #105reboot#

is there something wrong here or not?

thanks,

Maurizio

Hi, starting saying that i am am new to Bash and the resto linux, i made a short script to reboot my Netgear devices through curl and wget.

the problem is that i placed in the Crontab the script to run and every time they fail saying curl: segmentation fault.
only solution i have is to remove and reinstall libcurl.
Running the script manually, seems not to have issues.
the lines in crontab are like this:

15 5 * * * /jffs/scripts/myreboot105 > /jffs/scripts/cronlog 2>&1 #105reboot#

is there something wrong here or not?

thanks,

Maurizio

Curl is part of the firmware, so make sure you don't have a conflict by having a separate Entware/Optware version installed in parallel to it.

No for sure... i isntalled the version idnicated and used by the USB tool DL manager...

I simply reinstall it with ipkg...

No for sure... i isntalled the version idnicated and used by the USB tool DL manager...

I simply reinstall it with ipkg...

Make sure you run curl by its full path then, if you want to be sure you do run the Optware version.

However, personally I'd recommend uninstalling it, and using the curl build that's part of the firmware instead.

I have 3:
/tmp/opt/bin/curl
/tmp/mnt/sda1/asusware.arm/bin/curl
/tmp/mnt/sda1/asusware.arm/share/curl
i tried to point to the exact folder in the script, again, this morning segmentation fault... remove/reinstall, curl works again.

any idea?

thanks

M

I have 3:
/tmp/opt/bin/curl
/tmp/mnt/sda1/asusware.arm/bin/curl
/tmp/mnt/sda1/asusware.arm/share/curl
i tried to point to the exact folder in the script, again, this morning segmentation fault... remove/reinstall, curl works again.

any idea?

thanks

M

Yes, as per my post: uninstall this, and use the curl version that came with the firmware.