What's new

Selective Routing Asus Transmission client and USB drive

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Mrmark52

New Around Here
Hello to all and many thanks for your investment of time and energies to promote/improve custom router operations!

I have read and read and read over the past few months and still cannot make heads or tales out of how to do what I want to do. To me, it should be pretty simple, but the technical requirements are out of my league.

I have an ASUS RT-AC66 with Merlin 378.53 firmware. I have two drives connected to the USB ports. One I use more as an NAS, the other, a 1TB drive, I want to use for downloads via Transmission (or other client if there is a better one - I have used Transmission before so am very familiar with it).
I also have a RaspberriPI that has download capability that I may want to route through the VPN as well.

So, I want to selectively route most all traffic through to my ISP while routing the ASUS (and maybe RaspberriPI) Transmission client(s) through VPN.

As I said above, I know it's got to be simple, I just have not uncovered enough information to know what to do without breaking my router in a way I would know how to fix it. As with most people, my router is the lifeblood of both mine and my wife's livelihood, so can't be without it for long.

Thanks in advance to those who can provide insight (and maybe step by step instructions for a knowledgeable but clueless old codger :) ) on how to accomplish this.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!