What's new

Setting up two rv180 for routing

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Eric nelson

New Around Here
I have to rv180 routers I will like to use in two locations several kilometres apart. The routers have public addresses and will like to connect our private network to each other

Site A has

Router wan 10.156.1.1

Lan 192.168.1.1

Pc on lan 192.168.1.2

Site B

Router wan 10.156.2.1

Lan 192.168.2.1

Pc on lan 192.168.2.2

How do I set up routing for this?

To test the routing before taking them to the sites,can I use cross over cable to connect the two routers ?

I guess you know you need to setup VPN between the routers to be able to extend your network across the internet.

I have to rv180 routers I will like to use in two locations several kilometres apart. The routers have public addresses and will like to connect our private network to each other

Site A has

Router wan 10.156.1.1

Lan 192.168.1.1

Pc on lan 192.168.1.2

Site B

Router wan 10.156.2.1

Lan 192.168.2.1

Pc on lan 192.168.2.2

How do I set up routing for this?

To test the routing before taking them to the sites,can I use cross over cable to connect the two routers ?

Why wont routing work? Its not exactly through the internet.it's a wan intranet but the client doesn't want toto use the ip address in the 10.156.0.0 range.

Why wont routing work? Its not exactly through the internet.it's a wan intranet but the client doesn't want toto use the ip address in the 10.156.0.0 range.

What do you mean it is not exactly internet?

You either control the WAN side or not. If you can control the WAN side then you don't have to use VPN. If you rent fiber from point A to point B then yes you can do what you want but you will still need a internet connection for internet.

Because these are private IP blocks, the 10dot range is not routable on the public internet...

I am not sure how the 10 network even fits into the scenario unless it is some kind intermediate network. The networks the OP is trying to extend is the 192.168 networks which are private also but he states in his first sentence he has public IP addresses. The OP also states he does not want to use the 10 network. This whole thing is screwy.

How can the answer be the 10 network is private?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!