What's new

Shortcuts for activating/deactivating VPN would be nice.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

gtaadicto

New Around Here
Hi, I have an ASUS AC66U with the latest Merlin build (378.56_2), and I use the integrated L2TP VPN client to use GETFLIX VPN.
I hate to go through several menus to enable the VPN each time I want to watch Netflix with Getflix VPN, or disable it when I'm finished.
So my suggestion is to put a shortcut in the main page to enable or disable VPN clients that have been previously configured.

And,by the way, the router sometimes crashes when I disable VPN clients :confused:.

Best regards.

Why not use policy routing instead and leave VPN running all the time?

Why not use policy routing instead and leave VPN running all the time?
I dont know if it is possible for L2TP VPN. I only have seen selective routing scripts for Openvpn.
I want to route my Android tablet and my Smart TV through the L2TP VPN tunnel but I dont know how to do that.

Enviado desde mi XT1039 mediante Tapatalk

I dont know if it is possible for L2TP VPN. I only have seen selective routing scripts for Openvpn.
I want to route my Android tablet and my Smart TV through the L2TP VPN tunnel but I dont know how to do that.

Yes, you are right... L2TP does not have that feature :(

I would use Openvpn but it gives extremely slow speeds, 7Mbps download, while L2TP reaches 100Mbps.

that's because L2TP is broke on these routers and isn't actually encrypting. it's nothing more than a proxy.

anyway, this is a lame request. you should be thankful you have a web GUI and don't have to rely on SSH.

I would use Openvpn but it gives extremely slow speeds, 7Mbps download, while L2TP reaches 100Mbps.

Did you configure the OpenVPN client to connect to their servers using UDP or TCP protocol? I'd suggest trying different serves using UDP to see which ones give you the best speed.

Also note that the speedtest is going to give different results based on the server you're connecting through. For VPN speed testing I suggest you use the DSLreports speedtest.

Forget about Openvpn. Stick with L2TP. 100Mbps is impressive. For all intent and purpose, most likely people don't need encryption between an external VPN provider and their Asus router.

Simply make a bookmark in your browser to the following link:

http://router.asus.com/Advanced_VPNClient_Content.asp

It's perhaps close to what you need. First click loading the page. Second click to turn on/off VPN client. So..a two-click job :D