What's new

Should I send this GT-AXE11000 back?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Phrede

New Around Here
Hi from the Noob.

I have been fighting this GT-AXE11000 for way too long/days. . Some details, I have the latest version in the router firmware 3.0.0.4.386_45940-gaafbb83, Win10/64b is the latest build 21H2/19044.1387. I have a new AX210 card with the latest driver, 22.90.0.5 I've made the registry changes and have tried all kinds of settings.
Still I have no 6GHz. It communicates fine on 2.4GHz and 5GHz with WiFi6
I have no WiFi Radar on any band.
The system log reports hundreds of " avahi-daemon[1580]: avahi_normalize_name() failed. "
The first unit I got had antennas that would not stay up. This replacement is fine with that.

I bought it thinking I could mesh with my other routers. The problem is I need the older router that is AI-Mesh compatible closer to the modem. This kills some of the functionality of the GT. I can live with running it as an AP.
I plan on doing a hard reset in the morning and check the log after minimum setup.

The questions are.... Is this model just not ready for prime time? Will it's problems be solved with firmware updates? Is it something I'm overlooking? And finally, Should I send it back and get something just WiFi6?

Thanks for reading my rant. Any ideas or advice?

UPDATE: The avahi faults only occur in AP mode, not in Router mode.

Last edited:
Welcome to the forums @Phrede.

Unless you bought the GT-AXE11000 at an extremely competitive price, unless you really have a need for a WiFi 6E network, unless you're willing to continue beta testing, and unless you're not worried about having a stable network with as much uptime as you'd like, keep this unit.

I too have multiple AX210 capable laptops and am seeing excellent results on 2x RT-AX86U's with wired (via 2.5GbE) ports (along with 2x QNAP QSW-1105-5T 5-Port Unmanaged 2.5GbE Switches).

If you're not seeing immediate and obvious improvements with this bleeding-edge product, it is time to return it, IMO.

Believing it will get fixed with firmware upgrades is believing in the tooth fairy at your own risk. It may become true in the future, but you'll still need to lose a tooth for it. :)

Welcome to the forums @Phrede.

Unless you bought the GT-AXE11000 at an extremely competitive price, unless you really have a need for a WiFi 6E network, unless you're willing to continue beta testing, and unless you're not worried about having a stable network with as much uptime as you'd like, keep this unit.

I too have multiple AX210 capable laptops and am seeing excellent results on 2x RT-AX86U's with wired (via 2.5GbE) ports (along with 2x QNAP QSW-1105-5T 5-Port Unmanaged 2.5GbE Switches).

If you're not seeing immediate and obvious improvements with this bleeding-edge product, it is time to return it, IMO.

Believing it will get fixed with firmware upgrades is believing in the tooth fairy at your own risk. It may become true in the future, but you'll still need to lose a tooth for it. :)
After even more time today, I agree. I am in a rural area so not a lot of 5G interference. I was looking to get more separation for my own devices, some wider bandwidth and some future proofing. I may give Asus another shout tomorrow, but I'm not hopeful. Thanks for the advice

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!