What's new

Simultaneous VPN and TOR

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Luboknok

Regular Contributor
When enabling both the VPN and TOR functions in Merlin, which order do they route? I assume the TOR connection happens over the VPN rather than VPN over TOR. Is this correct?

When enabling both the VPN and TOR functions in Merlin, which order do they route? I assume the TOR connection happens over the VPN rather than VPN over TOR. Is this correct?
You probably have separate TOR clients and VPN clients on your network?

I don't think it's possible for the router to do TOR-over-VPN or VPN-over-TOR. If you try, I think it would pick TOR and ignore the VPN.

What I do, is to run TOR on the router and the OpenVPN client on my Windows laptop. That's how I do VPN-over-TOR. It works great for websites who blocks TOR.

I don't think it's possible for the router to do TOR-over-VPN or VPN-over-TOR. If you try, I think it would pick TOR and ignore the VPN.

It is possible, but negates the benefit of both - VPN over TOR would be quite slow, and TOR over VPN concentrates traffic at the VPN access node, which isn't good for TOR.