What's new

Slow transfer speeds and Transmission crash

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

heavymetalmage

New Around Here
Hi all,

I'm experiencing a multitude of problems. I've had some transfer slow down (via Samba) over the past week and last night Transmission (installed via Optware) completely stopped working. I couldn't get the Web GUI to load no matter how many times I stopped and started the daemon and restarted the router. After Samba came to a screeching halt (transfers of ~22 kb/s) I completely wiped my router and installed the latest Asuswrt-Merlin. This has solved nothing unfortunately. Should I be considering a failing external hard drive or could a setting be causing something? This is a Seagate 3TB USB 3.0 drive.

Hi all,

I'm experiencing a multitude of problems. I've had some transfer slow down (via Samba) over the past week and last night Transmission (installed via Optware) completely stopped working.
Hi,

First: Which router model are you talking about??? :eek:

Second: If this happens during operation it could be a shortage of memory. Do you use a swap file? The router is not build to run multiple services at the same time (I posted memory issues with Transmission here).

Third: In case you cannot even restart the router (or want a clean situation), it's something else:
1. You need to start with a clean situation (factory reset and minimal configuration - means no Samba, Transmission, etc.) AND manual(!) re-configuration of the router.
2. Extensively testing the minimal config! Make sure it really works.
3. Add one by one the services you want to have and back to 2.!
4. You migth find the issue, or not: The manual(!) re-config might already solve the issue, or you find the faulty service (or combination of services), or the router is faulty... :rolleyes:

With kind regards
Joe :cool:

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!