What's new

Small form factor wireless dual band router

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

AThomsen

New Around Here
I'm looking for a wireless router to build into a flight case. The router will be connected to a digital audio mixer though rj45. The mixer is controlled by tablets/smartphones connected to the router though wifi. Maximum 5 clients will be connecting though wifi, but will be used in wifi crowded places.

Requirements:
* Small form factor - both the unit itself and the psu.
* External antennas are ok, as long as they can be flipped down.
* 2.4 and 5 Ghz
* Two rj45 ports
* Must be able to run as a router (dhcp-server), also without internet/wan connection
* USB to tether internet connection from android phone (only a nice-to-have)
* Not to pricey. I'm a musician...

Do routers today seem a lot bigger than some years ago or is it just me :)

What sort of range are you looking for? When you say "build into" a flight case, how built in are you thinking and what is the case made of?

The case will be a few millimetres of plastic or plywood. With the sides taken off I don't think this will cause problems.

Range will be 30 metres max with no obstacles but people.

How much room do you have L, W, H?​
I don't know exactly as I haven't settled on a case yet.

I've looked at travel routers - I can't find anything with two rj45 in it. Any suggestions?

The mixer is a Behringer XR18. For some reason there seems to be problems connecting t to Apple Airports.

The Securifi Almond seems interesting. No dealer in Denmark though, (yet).

I use this small one, when am travel around http://www.airlive.com/product/N.MINI no AC BUT DUAL Band works greate in hotelrooms
N.MINI_icon_app03.jpg
N.MINI_icon_app04.jpg

Last edited:
OP needs two Ethernet LAN ports. Travel routers either have none or one, usually for hard-wire WAN connection.