What's new

Small Screens vs. pop-up ads on SNB

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

stevech

Part of the Furniture
Please try using SNB on a day when there are lots of pop-up ads. Try it on an Android or iPhone. Ad is bigger than the screen. Cannot scroll to close it.

Like today, with a General Motors pop-up on almost every change of web page.

Go ahead, try a phone or small-screen tablet.

Steve, I have asked multiple times that you directly report ad problems like this to me, vs. posting in the Forums. The GM Onstar ad was misbehaving and was removed, once I discovered it.

There should be NO ads shown on the mobile version of the main site. You will see the normal ads if you view the full version of the site. The forums don't have a mobile version, so you will see ads. But there should be no ads shown to Taptalk users.

There should be NONE of the "welcome" / "popup" ads (full-screen with site greyed out in the background) shown to mobile devices, period.

Steve, I have asked multiple times that you directly report ad problems like this to me, vs. posting in the Forums. The GM Onstar ad was misbehaving and was removed, once I discovered it.

There should be NO ads shown on the mobile version of the main site. You will see the normal ads if you view the full version of the site. The forums don't have a mobile version, so you will see ads. But there should be no ads shown to Taptalk users.

There should be NONE of the "welcome" / "popup" ads (full-screen with site greyed out in the background) shown to mobile devices, period.

Ads are a fact of life in free forums/websites. We like free.

So long as they don't pop-up in such a manner that they cannot be dismissed (on a handheld), as was the case.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!