What's new

SOHOpelessly Broken contest finds vulnerabilities in ASUS RT-AC66U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

DEFCON Router Hacking Contest Finds AC66U Vulnerable

Thanks. I actually tried to avoid an additional post by searching the forum for DEFCON, but the search claimed no matches. I wonder what wrong with that?

It's in another subforum off the parent....when doing searches it's generally better to go up one level to the parent and start there.

Moving this to Asus Wireless, since I'm not the manufacturer, so this doesn't belong in the Asuswrt-Merlin sub-forum :)

Actually, I'm going to merge that to the second thread since it's indeed a duplicate of that one.

it was the latest firmware when the contest was announced

The firmware they "hacked" for the RT-AC66U was 5517, a few months old. The latest is 1123 released July 7, 2014. Can't speak to the other routers, but the firmware they stated in the rules for the RT-AC66U required 5517, and so was indeed out-of-date.

Since the contest was announced June 24, 374.5517 was the latest firmware at the time (376.1123 came out on July 7).

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!