What's new

SSH problem when redirecting internet connection

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

jixbo

New Around Here
In earlier versions of the asuswrt-Merlin I had no problem tunneling my internet connection through ssh like this:
ssh -D 9999 mydomain.com
And then I redirect my navigator throw this port (9999 in this case) with firefox, proxy settings, SOCKS Host - 127.0.0.1 Port - 9999).
But now (I don't know since which version), this way stopped working for me, and I get in the ssh terminal issues like:
"channel 3: open failed: administratively prohibited:", or any other channel, every time I try to open a url on firefox.

Does anyone know how can solve this? Or if there is any other easy way to redirect my internet traffic through my router (ASUS AC66U with 378.51 asuswrt-Merlin).
Thank you in advance.

In earlier versions of the asuswrt-Merlin I had no problem tunneling my internet connection through ssh like this:
ssh -D 9999 mydomain.com
And then I redirect my navigator throw this port (9999 in this case) with firefox, proxy settings, SOCKS Host - 127.0.0.1 Port - 9999).
But now (I don't know since which version), this way stopped working for me, and I get in the ssh terminal issues like:
"channel 3: open failed: administratively prohibited:", or any other channel, every time I try to open a url on firefox.

Does anyone know how can solve this? Or if there is any other easy way to redirect my internet traffic through my router (ASUS AC66U with 378.51 asuswrt-Merlin).
Thank you in advance.

Are you using Linux? If so you can use traceroute to find where your tunnel gets blocked:
In *nix use:
Code:
traceroute -T -p 9999 <ip your domain>

Note: tracert in Windows does not recognize these switches

ssh -D 9999 mydomain.com

Thank you in advance.

Make sure SSH port forwarding is enabled under System -> Administration.

Make sure SSH port forwarding is enabled under System -> Administration.
Thank you, that worked!!! I could not check the preferences before by myself because I dont live where the router is now, but with that instrucctions it worked out just fine.
Thank you so much.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!