What's new

Stick with AC or upgrade to AX?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

WifiGhost

Regular Contributor
I bought the RT-AC86U as I was told it was the best supported merlin router and I also like the design due to where it will site which is on top of a server rack so the design works perfectly, but I was looking at the future and now kinda want to buy the AX86U( same design ) or the AX88U ( like having extra ports, design is similar to my AC87U ) but wanted to get input. Either will be in AP mode like I have running now. It will be around 1 year before I will have AX capable devices, may have 1 in a few months from now. Most devices I have are smart devices like switches, cams, and streamers so a couple of years before they will need to get replaced. So 1-2 years before I will get any use from AX. Just unsure if spending twice the cost now will be worth it when I could buy the newer versions of either listed above when the time comes and I can actually use WiFi6.

After posting this I realized I answered my question, unable to delete the post, thanks for reading.

Last edited: