What's new

StreamBoost - R7500v2 Question

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

philwoz98

Occasional Visitor
Hello All,

I recently picked up a R7500V2 and I noticed that the router does not classify my Xbox One's traffic as a gaming, instead it considers it "P2P" and "general web browsing" when playing Halo and CoD. I am on the most recent firmware and it says I have the most recent streamboost update as well. Am I doing something wrong or is this known issue? I am a amateur at best and would appreciate any insight on this issue. Thank you in advance.

Hi...

StreamBoost is effective by automatically prioritising traffic by application when dynamic QoS is enabled.
We're in the process of reproducing the issue to find the root cause.

Will keep you updated.

Thanks for looking into this - I appreciate it.

I posted to screen shots below. This is an example of what I experience while playing Xbox one multiplayer games such as Call of Duty, Halo and in this specific case Rainbow six siege. The one screen shot where it is identified correctly only last for a few seconds and then it kicks it into "bit torrent" mode, the second screen shot. I would imagine that this has a lower prioritization then gaming or voice which is my concern. Hope this helps and I hope to hear from you soon.

upload_2016-1-12_14-9-15.png

upload_2016-1-12_14-10-15.png