What's new

Release [Test] Asuswrt-Merlin 384.19 - OpenVPN test builds

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, but initially everthing is ok and the server is properly started it seems. I can download the openvpn files. Only after a while the message appears possibly triggered by those errors. The server itself is not restarting. Btw, The restart that you see in my log I triggered myself to get the startup sequence logged for the server.

Ok, but initially everthing is ok and the server is properly started it seems. I can download the openvpn files. Only after a while the message appears possibly triggered by those errors. The server itself is not restarting. Btw, The restart that you see in my log I triggered myself to get the startup sequence logged for the server.

Try switching to TCP as someone suggested. This looks like a bug with OpenVPN itself, so it's outside of my control.

Try switching to TCP as someone suggested. This looks like a bug with OpenVPN itself, so it's outside of my control.

Sorry it was kinda late yesterday, I changed it this morning and it seems more stable, but it is just running like this only for an hour.... I will get back to it later on to confirm the workaround worked. Too bad I couldn't find it myself... I did do some searching but things got a bit over my head. But thanks for your help!

Last edited:
This seems to be the proper workaround. No error messages in the logs, and the message in the GUI stays away. Thanks again!

@RMerlin
My jffs became unusable after alpha 4. I formated it after install alpha 4, but from time to time it becomes read only, saying that is full. And it isn't. I've only a couple of mb used.
Solution? Full power cycle.

Log; https://pastebin.com/XjzZPLnn

I think it isn't anything wrong with my disk:
Code:
 amtm-disk-check.log has this content:                                                                                                               START FILE, --- lines are not part of file                                ---------------------------------------------------                                                                                                 Sun Aug  2 13:05:53 IST 2020 Probing 'ext4' on device /dev/sda1           Running disk check v2.9, with command 'e2fsck -p' on /dev/sda1            AC86U-USB: recovering journal                                             AC86U-USB: clean, 634/245760 files, 572265/982134 blocks                  Sun Aug  2 13:05:55 IST 2020 Disk check done on /dev/sda1                 ---------------------------------------------------                       END FILE

@RMerlin
My jffs became unusable after alpha 4. I formated it after install alpha 4, but from time to time it becomes read only, saying that is full. And it isn't. I've only a couple of mb used.
Solution? Full power cycle.

Log; https://pastebin.com/XjzZPLnn

I think it isn't anything wrong with my disk:
Code:
 amtm-disk-check.log has this content:                                                                                                               START FILE, --- lines are not part of file                                ---------------------------------------------------                                                                                                 Sun Aug  2 13:05:53 IST 2020 Probing 'ext4' on device /dev/sda1           Running disk check v2.9, with command 'e2fsck -p' on /dev/sda1            AC86U-USB: recovering journal                                             AC86U-USB: clean, 634/245760 files, 572265/982134 blocks                  Sun Aug  2 13:05:55 IST 2020 Disk check done on /dev/sda1                 ---------------------------------------------------                       END FILE
I had the same jffs related errors in the log after upgrading to alpha 3.
The amtm-disk-check shows information related to the integrity of the attached USB file system which is different than jffs. That was unaffected by the upgrade.

NOTE:
Before the upgrade df -h showed the jffs partition as:
Code:
/dev/mtdblock8
After the upgrade it became:
Code:
/dev/mtdblock9
...and it's size was 48MB before and it is 47MB after the upgrade - that explains the change @RMerlin alluded to and probably the issues some of us have had.

Status
Not open for further replies.