What's new

@thelonelycoder Spotting!

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

visortgw

Very Senior Member
I'm in Lucerne (or Luzern) Switzerland with my wife and two other couples for a pre-cruise extension to a Viking Rhine Cruise. I had the pleasure of dining (and a couple of beers) with @thelonelycoder at the Rathaus Braueri. Great authentic Swiss food, locally brewed beer, and great conversations (including reminiscing about ABSolution development and testing, "spring" in Luzern 🤔, travel tips, ...).

@thelonelycoder: Cheers until we meet again!

I'm in Lucerne (or Luzern) Switzerland with my wife and two other couples for a pre-cruise extension to a Viking Rhine Cruise. I had the pleasure of dining (and a couple of beers) with @thelonelycoder at the Rathaus Braueri. Great authentic Swiss food, locally brewed beer, and great conversations (including reminiscing about ABSolution development and testing, "spring" in Luzern 🤔, travel tips, ...).

You beat me by a few seconds. I posted in the Diversion thread. Thanks again, it was good meeting you, your wife and your friends.

That is awesome!

View from the peak of Mt Rigi -- just a bit of snow and fog! Spring near Luzern...

Attachments

• 20240423_105320.jpg
    20240423_105320.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 40
Is it too late for a bit of spring skiing there?

View from the peak of Mt Rigi -- just a bit of snow and fog! Spring near Luzern...
I live to the north-west of there, about 10 km or 6.213712 miles or 33000 bananas.

about 10 km or 33000 bananas

You have some BIG bananas there. Locally grown?

I used to live about 2.5h drive on 2 South, across the border in Pizza Land. 🍕

I used to live about 2.5h drive on 2 South, across the border in Pizza Land.
That's also where the ugly toll plazas start to appear. Glad we have a better system in Switzerland.

Driving with excessive speed in Switzerland may lead to a fine calculated in % of annual income. There was a case years ago Swiss court charged a driver with CHF 1.08 million fine. He was obviously a wealthy person caught driving with 290km/h on a highway and perhaps the car was something different than sticker tuned Honda Civic.

You have very ugly speed fines though and I remember swiss guys driving like unleashed dogs in Italy. :)
I regularly go 160-200 km/h in Germany if traffic allows it. That‘s 100-125 mph. In Italy I keep to the 10 km/h over rule as that seems accepted by the authorities. I’ve seen the Lamorghini police cars a few times, from behind.

I regularly go 160-200 km/h in Germany if traffic allows it. That‘s 100-125 mph. In Italy I keep to the 10 km/h over rule as that seems accepted by the authorities. I’ve seen the Lamorghini police cars a few times, from behind.

Last time I was over in Germany (bayern/bavaria) - km/h was limited even on the autobahn...

There are a few zones above 100 km/h these days, but most observe lane discipline - the number one lane is for passing...

It's a social contract...

Used to be the same over in California within reason - CHP was mostly concerned with flow and keeping things even there...

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!