What's new

TP-Link Archer C7 or C9?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

hyelton

C7 is $93 and C9 is $112.

I do actually like the old style firmware better and the LAN lights, but is it worth it to get the C9 over that?

Few WiFi clients, as most will be on another AP. But Is this thing stable? I do an average of about 400 GB a month on my 25/2 cable connection. As well as more than that local client wise from server backups etc. Along with about 20 total clients and 10 at one time. Also upload QoS is important as I like to limit it to about 1.9 to keep ping low while uploading to YouTube. Thanks

I own the C7 and I can tell you it has very stable firmware. The only annoyance is if you change something, most likely you'll need to reboot it to take effect. I don't know if this is still the case with the C9

I own the C7 and I can tell you it has very stable firmware. The only annoyance is if you change something, most likely you'll need to reboot it to take effect. I don't know if this is still the case with the C9

Yeah thats minor. Once I set it up, I'm done. besides the occanal port forwarding. I was coruis on how Broadcom is compared to the C7 Atheros I meant to add that to the OP.

Wasnt sure if there is any difference these days, But I got an R7000 hate it, Its actually going back today.

Well, the C7 version 1 had issues with Apple devices. From what I read in the changelogs of recent firmwares, this should be fixed. The C7 also comes with a version 2 (C7v2) which has a revised chipset but I don't know much about it, besides that

I use the R7000 as my main router loaded with XWRT firmware. Stable as a rock and fast as a cheetah :p

Well, the C7 version 1 had issues with Apple devices. From what I read in the changelogs of recent firmwares, this should be fixed. The C7 also comes with a version 2 (C7v2) which has a revised chipset but I don't know much about it, besides that

I use the R7000 as my main router loaded with XWRT firmware. Stable as a rock and fast as a cheetah :p

I see theres a C7v3 now, not sure if its shipping yet. I want to get the C9 due to it being not much more and is better looking :p.

I need to decide in the next few hours so I can have it Monday.

Then go for it. If it doesn't suite you somehow, you can always return it.

I'm currently attempting to make the same decision. The only thing that concerns me about the C9 is the NAT Boost feature. When NAT Boost is disabled, throughput is reduced by 50%. However, with NAT Boost disabled, you can control the bandwidth manually.

Actually, I should have said that the WAN to LAN throughput is reduced by 50%. It wouldn't let me edit my post.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!