What's new

TP-Link AV200 Nano connection inexplicably slow.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

mmurley

New Around Here
I'm not new to powerline. I used Netgear XAV101s (both v1 and v2) for years.

So, while trying to decide how I was going to run CAT-5 to my kitchen, I decided to use my old Netgear XAV101s for a proof of concept. It worked, but they are old (v1 and I somehow only have one of the multiple v2s I had) so I decided to try the TP-Link AV200 Nano kit.

Got them, set them up and bang! ~65-69 Mbps. Great. Let's update the firmware. Whoops. Now it's 49 Mbps. Okay, it works and I can get more of them if I need them sithout haunting e-Bay for Netgear XAV101v1s...

Fast forward 24-hours. Suddenly the TP-Link AV200 Nano link is 11 Mbps. Uninstalled. Reinstalled. Re-paired them. Nothing. Steady 11 Mbps.

Not good. Go to TP-Link's forum. No discussion. Post a thread, but they hae to approve posts so it's been 6 hours and it's still not up.

Pulled the TP-Link Nano's off the wall ad put the Netgear XAV101v1s back up and BANG! 65Mbps.

Any thoughts?