What's new

uiScribe uiScribe command in post-mount has syntax error

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Weblee2407

Regular Contributor
I noticed some of my logging filters were not running after WAN events or other events where the post-mount script is called. There is a command in post-mount: /jffs/scripts/uiScribe startup "$@" & # uiScribe
that generates an error: "Missing argument for startup, not starting uiScribe"
Any idea what argument is missing? I'm not sure if this is actually an issue because I don't see how it would impact log filters. Scribe is running, but I have to issue scribe reload and scribe restart to get the filters working.

That's exactly what mine says and it works fine.

Are you sure it's post-mount?

When post-mount is invoked by the firmware it should be passing the path of the USB mount point to the post-mount script. Check syslog for how post-mount is being invoked. You can’t just run post-mount manually, in case that’s what you were doing.

That's exactly what mine says and it works fine.

Are you sure it's post-mount?
yeah, I'm sure it's in post-mount; where is yours? I guess I will uninstall and reinstall.

When post-mount is invoked by the firmware it should be passing the path of the USB mount point to the post-mount script. Check syslog for how post-mount is being invoked. You can’t just run post-mount manually, in case that’s what you were doing.
Yep, I sure was. So that was effective troubleshooting.

yeah, I'm sure it's in post-mount; where is yours? I guess I will uninstall and reinstall.
No, I meant were you sure that post-mount was causing the issue, but your subsequent posts have answered that.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!