What's new

Unable to get a good wifi signal at 4 mtr (12 ft)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

dominick

New Around Here
Hi,

I have difficulties figuring this problem out so I need your help,
We're having a fiber connection with a speed of 100 mbps,
We use a draytek 2130 router which is connected to an Engenius ECB350 using a Cat6 ethernet cable, but 4 mtrs away from the Engenius we barrely get 20 bmps speed via wifi.

There is wifi interference, there are around 20/25 wifi signals around so all chanels are used more than once so I selected channel 1.
I set the power to 18 dbi to reduce the interference even more and use a 20 mhz signal. The signal is secured using a WPA2-mix AES security.

Do you have any suggestions for me to get the speed of the wifi improved?

Try another channel on the 2130, update the firmware or use a router with 5GHz capabilities.

You may want to try a high quality CAT5e cable too...

Hi,

I have difficulties figuring this problem out so I need your help,
We're having a fiber connection with a speed of 100 mbps,
We use a draytek 2130 router which is connected to an Engenius ECB350 using a Cat6 ethernet cable, but 4 mtrs away from the Engenius we barrely get 20 bmps speed via wifi.

There is wifi interference, there are around 20/25 wifi signals around so all chanels are used more than once so I selected channel 1.
I set the power to 18 dbi to reduce the interference even more and use a 20 mhz signal. The signal is secured using a WPA2-mix AES security.

Do you have any suggestions for me to get the speed of the wifi improved?

Jargon-check... You are getting 20 megabits (Mbps) per second, connection speed? Or 20 megabytes (MBps) of throughput using some sort of TCP/IP test?

8 time MBps yields Mbps.

Please clarify speed units you're using and how you measured.

Some client or WiFi routers get overloaded at very close range, but that's usually more like 1-2 meters.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!