What's new

Upgrade to .29: huge jitter

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I am running the latest merlin firmware for the AC66R and do not have the jitter issue:

Pinging 172.20.0.1 with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 172.20.0.1: bytes=32 time=1ms TTL=64

I am using the PCE-AC66 Wireless Adapter that links anywhere from 1.1Ghz to 1.3Ghz.

The issue is with Ethernet, not wireless.

Something is definitely up with wired connections and the AC66u. I've been experiencing web pages loading slowly with a wired connection for quite some time, especially google.com under 354.29 Switched the wired laptop to a wireless connection and the problem has gone away, pages load instantly now. Can't wait for Merlin's .372 release for AC66u as I'm reading this issue is corrected in this version.

Something is definitely up with wired connections and the AC66u. I've been experiencing web pages loading slowly with a wired connection for quite some time, especially google.com under 354.29 Switched the wired laptop to a wireless connection and the problem has gone away, pages load instantly now. Can't wait for Merlin's .372 release for AC66u as I'm reading this issue is corrected in this version.

It's corrected in the beta firmware they released, but the 372 code I have isn't the latest or even finalized 372 code. It doesn't contain the latest changes Asus has done on top of it since when they sent me that code so I could work on the RT-AC56U FW. It doesn't even contain the latest N66 or AC66U drivers, only the AC56 ones.

That's one of the reasons why I'm not in a hurry to make a 372 release.

And so if I roll back to .270 to correct the wired connection issues I go back to the bad driver for the 5Ghz band. Upgrading to .354 corrects the 5Ghz driver but wired connections are frustratingly slow. My google homepage takes 4-5 seconds to load when I fire up my browser with a wired connection, wireless its fine. Slightly frustrating. I'm surprised Asus are not all over this to correct it. I'm reluctant to load the new beta firmware as I prefer Merlin releases.

And so if I roll back to .270 to correct the wired connection issues I go back to the bad driver for the 5Ghz band. Upgrading to .354 corrects the 5Ghz driver but wired connections are frustratingly slow. My google homepage takes 4-5 seconds to load when I fire up my browser with a wired connection, wireless its fine. Slightly frustrating. I'm surprised Asus are not all over this to correct it. I'm reluctant to load the new beta firmware as I prefer Merlin releases.

They are - they did provide a beta that resolves this issue, so the issue is already fixed.

Please give us something to do, 354 is now boring.;):D

There's work-in-progress code for 372 on my Git repo. Have a blast and compile it :) Not much has changed since 354.29, just a few bugfixes.

Currently busy finishing debugging the RT-AC56U FW, I want to have a first version available ASAP since the device is now available.

There's work-in-progress code for 372 on my Git repo. Have a blast and compile it :) Not much has changed since 354.29, just a few bugfixes.

Currently busy finishing debugging the RT-AC56U FW, I want to have a first version available ASAP since the device is now available.

Who? me compile? LOL, I'll just wait then and good luck with 56U.:cool:

Who? me compile? LOL, I'll just wait then and good luck with 56U.:cool:

Bribe someone to do it for you then :p

It will probably be a few weeks before I can find the time to finalize and release a 372 (or newer) build for N16/N66/AC66. Aside from the AC56 development, I got a lot of things on my hands in the coming weeks, both at home and at work, so development will be slower until my vacations begin.

372 is not even realeased yet, Asus RT-AC66U support page still suggests 354. Maybe it will not be released at all, who knowns? Maybe next firmware will have another revision of the drivers: 374, 375, or even 380 :)

Yes, bug with high latency solved in the 372 but not fully. Issue has when jumbo frames is enabled in the router switch and does not appear immediately only after router work enough time. This issue has in the any firmware including .372. My router AC66U.