What's new

UVK All In One Repair Software?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

PinkFloydEffect

Regular Contributor
Has anyone played around with UVK Ultra Virus Killer software? It claims to be one of the best all in one computer repair tools, seems to have good Youtube reviews.

Thoughts?

Never been a fan of these all-in-one system fixer/optimizer/cleaner tools. Can't be sure that their author actually know what they are doing.

Never been a fan of these all-in-one system fixer/optimizer/cleaner tools. Can't be sure that their author actually know what they are doing.

True, that is kinda how I am but I happen to see a highly rated Youtube video on it. Personally I like using a Windows-2-Go flash drive with my own tools loaded into the OS. However it seems there are better ways of doing it without loading Windows on a flash drive. I found something called WinSetupFromUSB that will create a flash drive with a GUI where you can load all your software images. I am unsure if its a Linux based OS executing Windows app tools or if it is just a GUI you select from the Windows OS naively running on the troubled machine.

Windows 10's Recovery Environment allows you to fix a lot of issues without the need to boot a custom operating system. But just in case, I do have a self-built WinPE that I created a few years ago. I rarely use it anymore however.

I have found the Recovery Environment a total waste of time personally. Unless you are good with the command lines there is not much there to work with besides basic Windows tools. 3rd party tools are what is really needed for most of my repairs.

I have found the Recovery Environment a total waste of time personally. Unless you are good with the command lines there is not much there to work with besides basic Windows tools. 3rd party tools are what is really needed for most of my repairs.

It does require some technical know-how, if System Restore isn't enough to resolve your problem (it already takes care of a lot of issues in just a few clicks). The Recovery Console will allow you to uninstall any problematic Windows update for instance. The dism command is very powerful.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!