What's new

Verizon FiOS G1100 Gateway vs Asus N66U?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

WetMacula

New Around Here
A FiOS contractor managed to get me 3 times the speed (150/150) for a little more than I'm paying now. They will return next week to install a new ONT and plug me into the GPON port at the pole. He left me with their G1100 Gateway router. I didn't plug it in yet. In addition to 802.11 b/g/n/ac Wi-Fi, their router supports Z-Wave.

http://www.digitaltrends.com/home/verizon-fios-quantum-gateway-zwave-iot/

I'm using an N66U with update 10 of John's fork from Merlin's firmware. I definitely want OpenVPN server running at the router level which the N66U has.

I live in a 2 room apartment with thick horsehair plaster and the N66U signal reaches the far room but gets diminished. Suppose I could always use the FiOS router as an access point to bask in the sweet radio waves.

Anyone know anything about the hardware of the new FiOS router? Am I better off leaving it in the box as a standby unit?

To get through those walls, you might want to try hggomes fork too.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!