What's new

wd dx4000 sentinel

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

znil78

New Around Here
Hi all first post here, i wanted to upgrade my old hp nas and i saw someone on craigslist selling the dx4000 brand new for 650 (12tb model, guy said it was given to him to try) is this a good choice if im just going to use it for music, photos and movies? Streaming to a few laptops, consoles and boxee boxes at home? Looks like the price is right for the storage? Any help would be much appreciated. Tia.

hi tim, thanks for the reply just read the review and searched google, it looks like i wont have any issues with the problems. do you think for my purposes, its performance would suffice? i will be picking this up tonight unless someone can point me to a better solution with this much storage @650. Tia.

Last edited:
It has plenty of performance for what you need. I'd just watch my back with anything on Craigslist.

Tim, thanks again. On my way to pick it up. (A known business office)

Edit; just picked it up for 600. Wo0t :)

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD

Attachments

• hava3a6e.jpg
    hava3a6e.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 339
Last edited:
just an update, been using the DX4000 for more than a week now and its an awesome NAS! streaming Blueray iso's wirelessly to my HT while the kids are listening to their music/watching movies. Very fast transfer speeds (getting 100+ MB/s read/write), have decided to transfer all my raw photos to the NAS as well and is performing quite nicely. would like to say thanks again to tim :)

8507841626_eaf000b639_b.jpg

Attachments

• 8507841626_eaf000b639_b.jpg
    8507841626_eaf000b639_b.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 267
Glad it worked out for you. Remember, RAID is not backup!

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!