What's new

What Replacement for my RT-AC66U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

StevePD

New Around Here
My RT-AC66U has stopped working after my electricity circuit to the plug tripped out. I have tried resetting with no luck so have decided to replace it. I have seen the adverts for the RT-AC68U and ask if this is a good replacement. I don't need any extra facilities than the RT-AC66U has. Is the RT-AC68U a fair replacement? Any suggestions for a suitable replacement please. Thanks
StevePD

I have the RT-AC68P as my main router and the RT-AC56U as my AP. The 68P and 68U are very similar and I would definitely recommend getting the 68 as a replacement w/ Merlin's FW.

Great, Many thanks for the advice, I will search for the RT-AC66U_B1 and failing that go with the RT-AC68U.

Great, Many thanks for the advice, I will search for the RT-AC66U_B1 and failing that go with the RT-AC68U.

Know that the 68U does not support AiMesh Smart Connect. The 86U a better build for a bit more money.

OE

For whatever it is worth I'm a longtime user of Asus Merlin on a couple of RT-AC66U routers, and I recently decided to upgrade them both to RT-AC86U routers. It just seemed like the biggest bang for the buck without going overboard on excessive bandwidth that I don't need.

I just wish my RT-AC66U routers (not B1) could be used with AiMesh. Sigh.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!