What's new

What would you do? AiMesh following??

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Jasonmclee908

New Around Here
Just joined this forum, looking for some advice on how to use these routers for best AiMesh setup. I have the following hardwares:

Asus 1) Ax89x 2) AX11000 3) ac5300 4) Ac3100.

would you put the Ax11000 or ax89x as main router? I am leaning towards ax11000 because of triband able
To back haul with ac5300.. what would you suggest?

I think you're supposed to use the most powerful device as the router, so that should help you make that choice, and you may not need three nodes. The general consensus is add one node and see what coverage, etc, is like before adding another.

I think you're supposed to use the most powerful device as the router, so that should help you make that choice, and you may not need three nodes. The general consensus is add one node and see what coverage, etc, is like before adding another.
What would you consider the most powerful? Ax11000 or the newer AC89x? Dual band vs tri band... I guess I was wondering if there is any advantage setting up tribe band as the main router versus the two band. Thanks

What would you consider the most powerful? Ax11000 or the newer AX89x? Dual band vs tri band... I guess I was wondering if there is any advantage setting up tribe band as the main router versus the two band. Thanks

Omit the 3100.

If wireless, setup a 2-node tri-band mesh. If that is enough coverage, call it (tri-band mesh with dedicated wireless backhaul) done and evolve from there. If you need more coverage, add the 89x as a node.

If you need a router feature that is on the 89X, swap it in as the router/root node. If you need more coverage, add the 5300 as a node.

OE