What's new

Would like to see more routers with 8+ ports

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Back in the day, I preferred a separate switch (or multiple actually) but for simplicity and space savings, currently it is more feasible for me to run everything directly off the 8 ports in my AX-88U. I have numerous switches (4, 8 16) sitting in boxes in the closet but will run this as long as possible. I'd also like to see a replacement in the future with 8 or more ports, but 1 port would also be fine.

I like a router with 8 ports also. One less power brick and one less thing to stop working...

The BE88U and the AX88U Pro should of had 8 ports. For the prices we are paying for these routers. It would be nice to have 8x2.5gig and two 10gig WAN/LAN.

We had 1gig Ethernet when I finished school. I'm close to retirement now.

ServeTheHome did a video reviewing all these numeros inexpensives alternatives. I haven't had time to watch it yet, but I expect it to be fairly informative:

So far I have been fully satisfiied with my Mokerlink (which was already very popular on Amazon) and Vimin (no issue so far providing PoE to my IP phone, and routing traffic to my whole PC setup).
thanks just what I was looking for , skip the video , unless you like watching used car salesmen

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!