What's new

WRT 1900 AC new firmware 1.1.8.161917

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I was hoping for an improvement on the 2.4GHz band but no luck. Poor range and connectivity issues still.

Wow!

I just tested this new firmware with a 1 Gbps internet connection using WiFi (thanks to my University ISP for letting me test the WRT1900AC). My laptop with ASUS PCE-AC56 802.11ac Network Adapter has just reached it's fastest TCP downlink throughput of 565.1 Mbps out of 866.5 Mbps connection!

http://testmy.net/0vmyBkx.png

Now all I need is for Linksys/Belkin to have more features with their stock firmware while keeping the speed and stability at optimum of course!

Capture.jpg

5GHz on this router is a beast. 2.4GHz is sucking big time. I hope Belkin/Linksys fixes this soon.

What about 2.4Ghz isn't working? The range for me is on par with both the AC68U and R7000. I have 5 home media players that connect to it at all hours of the day and night and none of them have any problems.

More on topic, it appears the GUI-related reboots are fixed, at least for me.

http://forums.smallnetbuilder.com/showthread.php?t=17594

What about 2.4Ghz isn't working? The range for me is on par with both the AC68U and R7000. I have 5 home media players that connect to it at all hours of the day and night and none of them have any problems.

More on topic, it appears the GUI-related reboots are fixed, at least for me.

http://forums.smallnetbuilder.com/showthread.php?t=17594
I never had a reboot issue since launch. Range is decent on the 2.4GHz band but speed and throughout is hurting bad.

I never had a reboot issue since launch. Range is decent on the 2.4GHz band but speed and throughout is hurting bad.

Are you trying to use 40Mhz channel widths?

I have my 2.4Ghz radio set to B/G only, 20Mhz channel width (channel 11). As I said, I have 5 media players on that band and all of them are able to stream at the same time. I'm easily maxing out the available bandwidth on the 2.4Ghz radio but that's with the speed fixed at 54Mbps. I wonder if there are issues with N/AC on 2.4Ghz?

I have my 2.4Ghz radio set to B/G only, 20Mhz channel width (channel 11). As I said, I have 5 media players on that band and all of them are able to stream at the same time. I'm easily maxing out the available bandwidth on the 2.4Ghz radio but that's with the speed fixed at 54Mbps. I wonder if there are issues with N/AC on 2.4Ghz?

good stuff - 20MHz channels work better in 2.4GHz for most cases...

I would suggest running the WRT1900ac in "Mixed B/G/N" mode - works great there from my experience when reviewing this device...

Are people still buying the WRT1900AC?

EA6900 router + blue housing (w/ 4th antenna) + same buggy/crappy Linksys firmware = WRT1900AC.

EA6900 router + blue housing (w/ 4th antenna) + same buggy/crappy Linksys firmware = WRT1900AC.

Linksys firmware isn't as good as others but it's not buggy in my experience. FYI WRT1900AC smokes the EA6900 in wireless and network transfer performance

No 40 MHz channel here. I'm tired of hearing this I am not a noob. I know about CH 1, 6 and 11 with over lapping. You have a $250 router running in B and G mode. Just get a cheap G router in that case.

Last edited:
No 40 MHz channel here. I'm tired of hearing this I am not a noob. I know about CH 1, 6 and 11 with over lapping. You have a $250 router running in B and G mode. Just get a cheap G router in that case.

I never said you were a noob. I was asking you about your particular setup. Why so defensive?

In any case, I already have TWO cheap G routers. I have almost 30 B/G devices in my house and I divide them up into 3 groups. The WRT services one of those groups.

I have no use for N/AC on the 2.4Ghz band. My high speed devices are all on 5Ghz.

I've had both the WRT and EA6900. Outside of the GUI similarities, there's absolutely zero comparison.