What's new

WRT-AC5300 - w/ 380.62_1 CPU Core 1 maxed at 100%

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

grtessman

Occasional Visitor
CPU Core 1 is getting maxed out at 100%. I've noticed this seems to happen after leaving guest network on for some duration (maybe). Can't get the CPU to drop by removing the Guest network, or rebooting - but a hard reboot seems to get it back to normal. I've had the router for a year, always used Merlin FW and have only noticed this in the past few releases. Maybe related, I also have a RT68U that is connected to this router as a Media Bridge but it's CPU is always okay (same FW version). The 5300 is configured as Wireless router mode (Default) and has no USB items plugged in (ever). This seems to cause many sporadic wifi disconnects across all channels when the CPU is maxed out. Anyone have any ideas?

Same router but now using Asuswrt-Merlin 380.64 Beta, 380.63_2 was OK as well, I have both USB ports populated and an ASUS repeater upstairs, all but download manager and OpenVPN enabled never had a disconnect or had to reset it because of the issue you have, but mine doe get to 100% for periods at a time, but then it all subsides, maybe some router logs might help would/could be useful.

Regards

CPU Core 1 is getting maxed out at 100%. I've noticed this seems to happen after leaving guest network on for some duration (maybe). Can't get the CPU to drop by removing the Guest network, or rebooting - but a hard reboot seems to get it back to normal. I've had the router for a year, always used Merlin FW and have only noticed this in the past few releases. Maybe related, I also have a RT68U that is connected to this router as a Media Bridge but it's CPU is always okay (same FW version). The 5300 is configured as Wireless router mode (Default) and has no USB items plugged in (ever). This seems to cause many sporadic wifi disconnects across all channels when the CPU is maxed out. Anyone have any ideas?

Have you tried logging into the router with an SSH session and issuing the "top" command to see what processes are maxing out the CPU?

Have you tried logging into the router with an SSH session and issuing the "top" command to see what processes are maxing out the CPU?

Thanks guys for the reply. No I haven't tried that yet. I'll do that next time it maxes out and also pull the router logs.

I have the exact same issue, and using top is showing very minimal CPU usage.

Perhaps this a cosmetic bug?

I have an AC-68W with Asuswrt 380.68.2 behind an SB6183 with Comcast. Last night I was nosing and noticed the cpu core 1 was running a solid 100%. I shut off the QoS and vpn, rebooting through the browser interface a few times in between, but it was still 100%. So I just went over to the power pod and did a cold reboot of the whole network. That fixed the problem. But I still don't know why it happened.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!