What's new

Yet another source of WiFi trouble?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

wh7qq

I have a Raspberry Pi computer running headless near to the home laundry and it is on my network via an Edimax WiFi adapter (N 150) talking to my RT-N66U which is about 30' away through a doorway. I have noticed that when the washing machine motor is running, the WiFi does not respond and the little blue light in the adapter does not blink. I do not know if the problem is conducted thru the power line or is over the air...the Pi's USB power brick is on the same AC outlet as the washer. It does not seem to be affected by the solenoid valves or the clock motor on the (old style) washer. My location is over 600' from the nearest neighbor so it is not from nearby WiFi signals. It is not a big problem for me as the Pi's automation job is only active during hours that the washer is not in use...just an interesting observation. Something else to keep in mind when troubleshooting WiFi networks.

Good point. WiFi interference is not just from other routers, AP's and microwaves. What is worse is when it is not as easy to pinpoint as your situation was.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!