What's new

zywall l2tp drop after 10 minutes

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

TheCondor

New Around Here
Hi, i've a problem with my zywall usg-20w and my l2tp/ipsec roadwarrior tunnel:
the tunnel build correctly from my iphone, win 10 notebook, win 7 notebook etc... and i can access the resources behind the tunnel
But all have this common problem: after 10 minutes the connection stuck for a second and our software running on the server close the session (of the program itself).
I tried to stay connected over rdp from my notebook to my server behind the tunnel, the connection stays up but freeze for some seconds (rpd rejoin itself the session).
If i disable the firewall in the zywall the problem doesn't appear. The rules are the follow, the default + the ones indicated in the zyxel tutorial for let pass the l2tp traffic.
With firewall enabled (and the problem), in the log i cannot see any dropped packet coming or going to the vpn roadwarrior, i see a lot of packet deny but from other publig ip..
Any help is appreciated!

Attachments

• firewall.png
    firewall.png
    177.2 KB · Views: 624
I've heard Zyxel support is quite awesome. Give them a call and see if they can tell you how to solve the issue. And post back here with your experience as I've thought about the usg series for a while now.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!