What's new

ZyXEL GS1100-24

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

tbutler@ofb.biz

Regular Contributor
Does anyone have experience with a ZyXEL GS1100-24? Newegg has these switches on sale for $79.99, which is rather tempting since it includes two SFP module ports in addition to a 24 port Gig-E switch. The switch is also not overtly promoted as a "green" switch, so I was thinking it might dodge some of the woes I've had with green switches...

Thanks!

I haven't used that model, I use other Zyxel 16 port gigabit switches, work well, internal power supply and silent.

I wanted to echo JoeJoe's positive remarks about Zyxel switches. Unlike the Netgear and Trendnet switches, I am able to get a very reliable (0% packet loss) connection between the two Zyxel switches with my long (260 ft or so) run and surge protectors. In addition, it was working so well, instead of having a switch immediately after the cable came in the building and then having another 25 ft or so span to the main switch, I was able to simply hook that 25ft cable up to the other end of the surge protector that itself connected to the 260ft cable, giving me a perfect connection over the better part of 290 ft. I'm incredibly pleased with these Zyxel switches and like that I have the option of moving to fiber if I want...

I'm so glad Newegg had them on sale for $74!