What's new

Zyxel managed switch or something else?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

mebe

New Around Here
Hi,

I'm looking for a (web-)managed gigabit switch with 16 or 24 ports to run at the core of our SMB network. It'll have about 10 links to desktop switches, a few servers and a Draytek Vigor 2820N plugged into it. We don't really need VLAN's or any other fancy stuff like that, but as we've been suffering from network problems, I'd like to be able to diagnose network problems on the switch level as well.

Zyxel's offerings seem very competitively priced with the feature set I need. I've been mainly looking at the GS-1524 and ES-2024A which would both seem to fit the bill. Only drawback is that I don't seem to be able to find any experiences and/or opinions on these machines.

Does anyone have experience with Zyxel's managed offerings or can you recommend something else in the same price range (less than 300e)?

Thanks!

Pretty much any managed or "smart" switch will do what you need. I have no specific recommendations. However, Zyxel is not a major name in switches.

As soon as I realized it's being sold here as GS716TGE and GS716TEU, I went with the Netgear GS716T that was recommended in the smart switch roundup a few years ago.

Thanks for your help!

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!