What's new

100% CPU Utilization AC66U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Yup, I have seen 100% constantly also. I have never done a factory reset between updates, since I assume I would have to enter a ton of stuff again. It would be nice if the save file was editable (is it?), so you could at least keep some main settings, while avoiding possibly loading some bad past settings.

I have also noticed my upload speed is limited to less than 1M, but if I go around the router it is 5-10M. I never know if I should post stuff like this, since maybe it is just the way it works or is due to never doing a clean install.

Nope, currently running at 2% and intermittent between 1 and 12%.
Just clean router functions, no tools installed about 23 clients running.

Memory:
Used
55MB
Free
179MB
Total
234MB
23%

Yup, I have seen 100% constantly also. I have never done a factory reset between updates, since I assume I would have to enter a ton of stuff again. It would be nice if the save file was editable (is it?), so you could at least keep some main settings, while avoiding possibly loading some bad past settings.

I have also noticed my upload speed is limited to less than 1M, but if I go around the router it is 5-10M. I never know if I should post stuff like this, since maybe it is just the way it works or is due to never doing a clean install.

A factory reset isn't always required, it depends on the differences between the firmware you're running and the firmware you're flashing. If you notice issues after a flash there's a likely chance that a factory reset can fix it.

Yes, you'll have to re-enter all your settings, but there are ways to save chunks of settings you've already entered and restore those chunks after your flash/reset.

You can use something like PuTTY to SSH into the router and save the chunks you want to be able to reload.