What's new

2.4Ghz clients lose internet when NAT acceleration disabled

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

cmillar6

Has anybody found a workaround or solution to the bug with Merlin's 380.57 where 2.4GHz clients lose internet when NAT acceleration is disabled on the AC68u? I know this has been discussed extensively in the 380.57 thread but I'm frustrated enough with it I'm ready to shelve this thing and move on to a different router.

Good to know. I wonder why Asus did not mention that in the change log. o_O

Have you tried John's fork? Excellent firmware rock solid for the 68.

[Fork] Update for 374.43 available (V16E1)

I've considered using John's fork but I am really enjoying the new Asus router iOS app and I don't think it will work without the newer firmware revisions. I see the firmware released today addressed the issue. I'll have to wait for Merlin's next release I guess whenever that might be, hope the poor guy feels better soon.

This new version fixed the 2.4 issue on my RT-AC68P.

Apologies to everyone. I was mistaken. The Telnet tool did not restore CTF to off like I had it, rather put it back to auto. As soon as I turn CTF off again the 2.4 bug it back on 3.0.0.4.380.1842.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!