What's new

2.4GHz WiFi No TX on AC86U with 386.2_4

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

karlfoley

New Around Here
I'm just wondering id anyone is having the same issue as me with 2.4GHz WiFi on AC86U with WRT v386.2_4?
Didn't have any problems with it on v386.2_2, but after the upgrade it looks like 2.4Ghz radio stops activity after some time.
Using a WiFi scanner on my phone shows the SSID as not being broadcast on 2.4GHz, and the WiFi devices that connect on 2.3GHz are unreachable.
Tried dropping the TX power in case of overheat issues.
Rebooting and powering off with the button did not help.
Just got it to come on again by removing the powerjack for 30s.

This is not a good sign. What is the UI showing, Channel 0? What is the 2.4GHz LED status? What production year is your AC86U?

Been running 386.2_4 for about a week now with an AC86U as the main node.. Have a bunch of IOT devices on 2.4 and all seem fine connected to the AC86U. WinFi also shows both my 2.4 and 5Ghz connections up and available on the AC86U

Came here to see if anyone else having the same issue as me! Devices using 2.4Ghz seem to work fine for a while, then just stop working... have to fiddle around with the Wifi settings (or power cycle) to get everything up and running again! Running 386.2_2 on an AC86U and was hoping 386.2_4 would solve it, but sounds like maybe not...

I got the same issue recently. Was on Merlin 386.2 then upgrade to 386.2_4, same thing ... reboot will keep the normal status for about 2 days then suddenly all 2.4GHz devices go offline. :-(

I'm just wondering id anyone is having the same issue as me with 2.4GHz WiFi on AC86U with WRT v386.2_4?
Didn't have any problems with it on v386.2_2, but after the upgrade it looks like 2.4Ghz radio stops activity after some time.
`
Just got it to come on again by removing the powerjack for 30s.

Seems lots of others are having this wifi dropping issue.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!