What's new

2-Router AP Issues

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

whsbuss

I'm having internet dropout issues in the home wifi network. I have a Netgear R6300 connected in AP mode to my FiOS router (DHCP/NAT from the FiOS router). I have disabled the 2.4ghz radio in the FiOS router.

The other AP located downstairs is a Cisco E4200 connected cat5e back to the Netgear. The E4200 is setup 2.4ghz ch-11, 5ghz ch-161. The Netgear is setup 2.4ghz ch-1, 5ghz ch-149.

When connected with my macbook pro on 5ghz I lose the internet connection every so often. My wife said she also had issues surfing with her iPad on 2.4ghz.

I checked each router separately for stability connected to the FiOS router and I don't get any drops..... is it possible that the radios are conflicting with each other??

How did you cascade the linksys router? LAN-to-LAN ? LAN-to-WAN ?

What is the local IP address of your Verizon router? Dhcp range?
What is local IP address of netgear?
What is local IP address of linksys? Dhcp range?

You could try putting linksys in bridge mode.

Maybe check inSSIDer too.

How did you cascade the linksys router? LAN-to-LAN ? LAN-to-WAN ?

What is the local IP address of your Verizon router? Dhcp range?
What is local IP address of netgear?
What is local IP address of linksys? Dhcp range?

You could try putting linksys in bridge mode.

Maybe check inSSIDer too.

Both routers are in bridge mode, linksys connected GB-ethernet LAN to net gear LAN. DHCP is managed from the FiOS router 192.168.1.1 with DHCP range 192.168.1.10 to .50 - both routers have static IPs off the FiOS router outside the DHCP range.

I guess I would try to flip them around and see if that helps. Try connecting the Ethernet cable coming from the Verizon router to the linksys' Internet/wan port.

I'm not sure how you're supposed to connect a netgear in bridge mode, but the linksys in bridge mode is supposed to be connected to the linksys' Internet/wan port.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!