What's new

2 USB dongles, 2 Asus Routers, Dual Wan Setup help

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

shanetrain

New Around Here
Hello, I am hoping I can get some help with the setup I would like to have:

1 87R running latest Merlin firmware
TM AC 1900 with stock firmware

Due to living in an extremely rural area, I have LTE as my primary Internet provider.

I have 2 USB dongles, both of which work fine on each of the routers.

Since both routers only allow 1 USB WAN connection, I currently have to use them separately, with clients connecting on separate networks.

I would like to setup the 87 in a dual WAN in load balancing mode configuration and consolidate into 1 LAN.

I have tried turning off DHCP and NAT Acceleration on the 1900 and plugging an ethernet cable directly into the main WAN port on the 87,with no luck.

The secondary WAN connection on the 87 shows as no DHCP server.

I am fairly sure this should work, I just can't seem to configure the 1900 correctly.

Any suggestions?

TIA!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Or, what about enabling both USB ports on one of the routers to each be a WAN connection, somehow?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I know you can use dual WAN, but I am not sure with two USB devices. I think only one can be USB and the other must be ethernet. Sorry I can't help more as I have never tried this setup before.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!