What's new

5Ghz goes down

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

My 5GHz radio and LAN Port 1 crashed twice on the last 3 days...! All the other ports (2.4GHz, LAN2/3/4) were working.
And this after 60 days straight with no issues at all! No reboots...

On both crashes what I could see:
The 5GHz band wasn't visible to other devices and LED on the router was naturally off.
My PC is connected to the LAN Port 1, although the LED was blinking, no access to the webgui and no internet.

I presume the QTN interface failed completely! Unfortunately I couldn't get a log, but will be ready next time, in case it crashes again.
I don't change a setting in the router for weeks, so I'm kind of surprised how this happened twice in 3 days...
I updated my wife's iphone 6 plus and an ipad air 2 to iOS9.0 4 days ago, would be silly to think iOS 9.0 has something to do with? :p

Exactly the same problem here, also see the continuous log message, dnsmasq-dhcp[15500]: BOOTP(br0) 00:26:86:00:00:00 no address configured
... a reboot solves the problem for a while, but not longer than 1 day :(
Someone have similar issues with Asus stock firmware?

Exactly the same problem here, also see the continuous log message, dnsmasq-dhcp[15500]: BOOTP(br0) 00:26:86:00:00:00 no address configured
... a reboot solves the problem for a while, but not longer than 1 day :(
Someone have similar issues with Asus stock firmware?
I have had the new 9110 beta on my router for 4 days and AP for 6 days now and the problem has not reoccured. Its a bit soon to say - I'll feedback in another week - but I do believe this might now be fixed

I'm now convinced this problem is fixed with the 378.9xxx firmware. Been using 9110 and 9177 for 10 days now and no hint of either BOOTP messages flooding the log or the 5Ghz radio crashing.

I'm now convinced this problem is fixed with the 378.9xxx firmware. Been using 9110 and 9177 for 10 days now and no hint of either BOOTP messages flooding the log or the 5Ghz radio crashing.

Thanks for your feedback, I'll wait for the next stable Asuswrt-Merlin release, hopefully it will arrive soon ;-)

was this topic ever resolved just had this issue pop up on my 87u today, three times, and three times the 5g was disabled until i rebooted the router. hope there are some answers :/

What version are you on? Been on 380.64_2 for a long time now and the 5Ghz radio no longer crashes.

What version are you on? Been on 380.64_2 for a long time now and the 5Ghz radio no longer crashes.

I'm on that version, but this error just started 2 weekend ago. Not sure if there is cause that has been identified with this issue.