What's new

5GHz WiFi issues on RT-AX86U latest stock FW

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

zabolots

Occasional Visitor
I was having a Google Duo chat with my daughter from my Google Pixel 5 connected to my 5GHz WiFi network. It was choppy as hell and we ended up dropping and reverting to a traditional cell call.

Checking the logs for that timeframe, I see this:

Aug 23 15:47:08 wlceventd: wlceventd_proc_event(494): eth7: Deauth_ind F6:12:46:xx:xx:xx, status: 0, reason: Deauthenticated because sending station is leaving (or has left) IBSS or ESS (3), rssi:0
Aug 23 15:47:21 wlceventd: wlceventd_proc_event(530): eth7: Auth F6:12:46:xx:xx:xx, status: Successful (0), rssi:0
Aug 23 15:47:21 wlceventd: wlceventd_proc_event(559): eth7: Assoc F6:12:46:xx:xx:xx, status: Successful (0), rssi:-87

Anyone know what the issue may be?

Strange that I've never had an issue in this location with my previous router (Netgear R7800). I did have an Android tablet nearby casting device audio to a Chromecast speaker in the same room, all on the 5GHz channel so there was a lot of network activity in that room at the time.

I've been struggling with similar Deauths on the 2.4 band by some of my IoT devices. I believe it to be a firmware issue; the "worst offender" device has been in service stably for years and I'm only now seeing the symptoms, not long after taking a firmware update (to my AX92U).

After I updated to the current version of Merlin, I had issues with the 5Ghz with my iPad dropping. I would select the 5Ghz network in settings, it would appear to connect and then drop. After trying several things both on the iPad and router, I reverted back to a previous version and have not had the issue since which was several weeks ago. As I understand the WIFI module is the same for Asus and Merlin.

After I updated to the current version of Merlin, I had issues with the 5Ghz with my iPad dropping. I would select the 5Ghz network in settings, it would appear to connect and then drop. After trying several things both on the iPad and router, I reverted back to a previous version and have not had the issue since which was several weeks ago. As I understand the WIFI module is the same for Asus and Merlin.
I am having similar issues intermittently. I will be connected with full wifi bars on my iPhone but I cannot load any webpages or anything and sometimes it will will say "No internet connection" with an ! through the wifi bars in the settings. I am on the latest Merlin FW.

I've been seeing similar issues, never had this with my Alien Router.

This thread's subject model and firmware, RT-AX86U and latest stock firmware, currently ASUSWRT 388.20566, has been running just fine on my network... very steady and reliable.

OE

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!