What's new

68u (3.0.0.4.380_3264) Downgrade

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I'm unable to get to an older fw; tried both, the restore app and the cfe method.

You may have already tried this.

Static IP on TCP/IPv4 of adapter.
IP 192.168.1.2
subnet 255.255.255.0
gateway 192.168.1.1

Make sure no USB devices are connected.

Push reset button until power light starts blinking.

Let router completely reboot without touching anything.

Once router is back up, turn off the power button then hold in reset while powering back on to get into recovery mode.

Launch browser to 192.168.1.1

upload firmware and wait wait wait

Tried that before and again now, still on 380; note that the first time I try to enter recovery it fails, it doesn't load the cfe server the first try. I need to power of and repeat the process (hold reset+power on until power led blinks) and then the cfe loads. But it doesn't works on my router, I'm stuck with this 380 for now.
The wired performance is not so good (870 mbps, with 378 fw is around 930mbps on a 1000mbps pppoe connection) and the Traffic Analyzer tab is not working; these are not big issues for me, but not going in the right direction from my point of view.

Thanks, that worked; I was under the impression that I already tried that, but checked the files and I had 2 378 versions. Maybe it has something to do with the size of the fw ? 376 is < 30 Mb, 378 is bigger than 30.

it worked for me too !!! A HUGE THANKS :):):) to KevTech for posting the only downgrade solution which worked for me on my Asus AC56U !!!! and it only worked to downgrade from 3.0.0.4.380.3264 to version 376, as described above...

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!