What's new

>$70USD Binardat 8 Port 2.5G Switch with addl 10G SFP+ Port

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

slackjaw99

Regular Contributor
Finally an 8 X 2.5gps port switch for less than $70 USD with coupon on Amazon. The price being the lowest I've seen other than on AliExpress, I had to pick me up one even though I don't have a current use-case specifically for it. It handles jumbo frames and does not strip vlan tags. Also has a port isolation toggle switch for added IoT security and an empty SFP cage for max 10gps uplink.

I had to Google it.

The first result is Binardat Store on Hongshan Rd, Wuhan, Hubei. No street number.

The second result is "Anyone heard of Binardat?" on Reddit.

Cheap - for sure. Hot deal - not sure.

We'll see. Stress testing it now. If it holds up, then I supposed that makes it a hot deal. If it dies, I'll have a nice $68 paper weight.

We'll see. Stress testing it now. If it holds up, then I supposed that makes it a hot deal. If it dies, I'll have a nice $68 paper weight.
It's not unheard of for a lesser known (and possibly unreliable) manufacturer/reseller to suddenly find a golden ticket, so good luck 🤞

Stress testing it now

It's fanless. Does it run hot? May be a hot deal indeed.

By the way, looking at their store and products I'm under impression this product is just rebranded something else.

Yes, yes it does. Good catch. :rolleyes:

(You can easily test if it does or not).

I don't trust this switch at all. Does it send DATA to China with a backdoor?
No it doesn't (it's layer 2) otherwise I'd be alerted by my OPNSense firewall, plus we'd have heard warnings from all the security orgs not to purchase these if it did. I have a lot of foreign IoT devices, so I am constantly on the lookout for ET phoning home...

Last edited:
One month of stress test. Not a packet dropped, AFAICT. Definitely not a "hot" deal. Just a good, "warm" deal.

BTW, the price is down to 64$ USD on Amazon for Black Friday. I just might pick me up another.

Finally an 8 X 2.5gps port switch for less than $70 USD with coupon on Amazon. The price being the lowest I've seen other than on AliExpress, I had to pick me up one even though I don't have a current use-case specifically for it. It handles jumbo frames and does not strip vlan tags. Also has a port isolation toggle switch for added IoT security and an empty SFP cage for max 10gps uplink.

I've been using the YuanLey version of that switch from Amazon. At the time, back in July, it was the best deal (And I see it's still slightly less ($60) than the Binardat switch). But I see that all those 2.5G 8-port plus one SFP+ PORT switches have come way down in price from the $90 I paid back then. I've been able to exceed 9Gbps throughput, with the SFP+ port (Which has a 10G connection to a QNAP switch and my Plex UHD machine). When I am reading or writing concurrently to my six unRAID setups, that are connected to the 2.5G switch ports.

The YuanLey also had an extended warranty option from Amazon. And since, at the time, I was unsure how the switch would perform in the long term, I got the four year extended warranty with it, just in case. But I've had zero issues with it over the last 4+ months. Since the price is now down so low, I might pick up a second one.

Last edited: