What's new

86u openVpn server speeds not 200 Mbit

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

It was a marketing decision at the time to limit it to their ROG models.

VPN Fusion is getting replaced by a new VPN client interface with their next major firmware update, which should be supported by non-ROG models as well.
Hi RMerlin, thanks for the reply. That sounds great. I guess I will wait as I don't really need an AX model Router (I was going to consider spending extra to buy one if the AC86U didn't/doesn't get any of these updates, so that is why I was asking. The AC86U is enough for me and the price is better than the AX models I've been looking at) One more question - Is it possible that the new VPN client interface include Wireguard support for the Routers that are capable?

Is it possible that the new VPN client interface include Wireguard support for the Routers that are capable?
As @RMerlin has previously posted,

it will take a little time for him to formally support WireGuard and its GUI in his firmware - pending the stalled/final ASUS v386 RC-3 Beta/Release candidate.

However, several weeks on, and in the v386.4 firmware (if you know where to look) you can enable/see he has already made significant GUI progress :)

Last edited: