What's new

9.0.0.6_102_4856 beta firmware for GT-AXE11000?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
What you need is available on many routers - IPTV VLAN on the WAN side. What 3.0.0.6 firmware comes with is VLAN options on the LAN side. This is where the miscommunication comes from. You can watch IPTV, but you can’t create VLANs with your router. At least not in the GUI.
This is a perfect response to close this up.

Thank you again. I'll consider this case closed and if I can find it at a decent used price i should be comfortable it handles all my requirements.

Unless of course, you have other recommendations

You should have asked that in the first place... and be patient with others trying to help you to understand what you don't know.

OE

What I was looking for in the first place, as repeated multiple times, is someone with the hardware and first hand experience.

You should be patient with others trying to understand what they don't know.

What you need is available on $100 routers. Unrelated to 9.0.0.6 beta or 3.0.0.6 official firmware. Unrelated to what is commonly known as VLAN support. You posted your IPTV related question in a wrong thread.

You should be patient with others trying to understand what they don't know.

My only reply was to your forum etiquette, which you should know by now.

OE

What you need is available on $100 routers. Unrelated to 9.0.0.6 beta or 3.0.0.6 official firmware. Unrelated to what is commonly known as VLAN support. You posted your IPTV related question in a wrong thread.

Incorrect, all wanted was to find someone with the hardware. How do you think the conversation would of gone if OP had responded?
"Oh I don't have VLAN it never got supported."

I would of sent the screenshot of the VLAN 35 I needed under the "LAN" tab, and all would of been cleared up instantly. I would of asked how he liked the hardware and a few other questions related before purchasing.
Or maybe "I'll PM you for details".

I didn't hear you clarify if it was internal or external VLAN like Merlin did, is that because your too busy to be receptive of my MANY clarifications, or you don't know yourself?

This thread is not dedicated to one, thing, it's been dead for ages before I came in asking questions to see if he still had the hardware.

I don't use IPTV. I use VLAN35 on WAN for Internet access, it's under the "LAN" tab, I did a Google Search for "VLAN GT-AXE11000" because it is a VLAN, VLAN 35 and ended up here.
Does this clarify anything more, or would you like to continue to interject with how it's a crime for posting an open ended question, and you responded with something less than useful that I ready saw?.

Everyone likes to talk about patience, as if this was a patient and understanding response:

GT-AX11000 Pro, GT-AX6000, ROG Rapture GT-AXE16000, RT-AX86U Pro, RT-AX88U Pro, ZenWiFi Pro ET12, ZenWiFi Pro XT12

I tried to give clarifications multiple times, including the fact that my current AX88U supports what I need, did that not sink into anyone's brain except Rmerlins? No one thought to poke for clarifications themselves?
Hella one way street with double standards around here, that's all I can say.

My only reply was to your forum etiquette, which you should know by now.

OE

It's called the internet, until I hear a MOD with some rules I broke I can speak how I'd wish.

You must be running one of the political parties we have in Ottawa. Not sure which one. :)

Which ever one suits your judgement the best 😂🙂

TBH Asus and broadcom could backport this VLAN support to all their current routers from 3.0.0.6 firmware. Having multiple VLANs is an essential function in today's world.

backport this VLAN support

This will effectively turn non-Pro routers into Pro. Who will pay for Pro router then?

Many examples of features locked for marketing reasons. The hardware inside RT-AX58U is AX5400-class capable, the product is AX3000-class.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!