What's new

9.0.0.6_102_4856 beta firmware for GT-AXE11000?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

stroper

Occasional Visitor
Hello there!

I came across this article https://rog.asus.com/us/support/FAQ/1050072 where it mentioned that there is a beta firmware available which provides support for VLANs. I see that firmware is available for GT-AXE16000 and GT-AX11000 Pro models but not for GT-AXE11000 model. Should we expect this to be available for GT-AXE11000 model?

Thank you.

Looking at getting this router, did it ever get VLAN Support?

GT-AX11000 Pro, GT-AX6000, ROG Rapture GT-AXE16000, RT-AX86U Pro, RT-AX88U Pro, ZenWiFi Pro ET12, ZenWiFi Pro XT12

Are you confirming you personally own a GT-AXE11000 and it works? Because it only lists a GT-AX11000 in that quote above and I don't trust those lists for the life of me, they don't ever go back and update it, it's only a point in time supported listed when it was written.

GT-AX11000 Pro, GT-AX6000, ROG Rapture GT-AXE16000, RT-AX86U Pro, RT-AX88U Pro, ZenWiFi Pro ET12, ZenWiFi Pro XT12

I should also mentioned I already saw this list, and I can personally confirm this list is incomplete or inaccurate.
So this reply was less than useful unfortunately unless you can confirm you own a GT-AXE11000 and it does or does not have VLAN

Because it only lists a GT-AX11000

It lists GT AX-11000 Pro. GT-AX11000 and GT-AXE11000 are previous generation hardware routers. This firmware is not available for BCM4908 based routers, newer BCM4912 only. All Pro models and the listed newer ROG branded. The list above is correct. I would never buy GT-AXE11000 in late 2023. It's already 3-years old model, won't be getting 3.0.0.6 base firmware (Pro, with VLANs) and has one radio with very few clients available. Wi-Fi 6E was never popular and being replaced as we speak by Wi-Fi 7 products. Hope this information is more useful to you.

It lists GT AX-11000 Pro. GT-AX11000 and GT-AXE11000 are previous generation hardware routers. This firmware is not available for BCM4908 based routers, newer BCM4912 only. All Pro models and the listed newer ROG branded. The list above is correct. I would never buy GT-AXE11000 in late 2023. It's already 3-years old model, won't be getting 3.0.0.6 base firmware (Pro, with VLANs) and has one radio with very few clients available. Wi-Fi 6E was never popular and being replaced as we speak by Wi-Fi 7 products. Hope this information is more useful to you.

I have an RT-AX88U (Non Pro) at home now with Merlin and VLAN and where is it on this list? It's not there... so no the list is not correct.

And no it's not only available to newer models.
Unfortunately this still isn't helpful until I get word from someone with the hardware.

I realize it's older which means it's cheaper considering the US has had it a while. Here in Canada 6GHz is only becoming available now so it's a cheaper way to get 6GHz spectrum.

Sorry this wasn't the news you wanted to hear.

I have an RT-AX88U (Non Pro) at home now with Merlin and VLAN and where is it on this list?

No, you don't have 3.0.0.6 firmware for RT-AX88U with the VLAN support above. Current Asuswrt-Merlin is 3.0.0.4 based firmware.

Looking at getting this router, did it ever get VLAN Support?
No, you don't have 3.0.0.6 firmware for RT-AX88U with the VLAN support above. Current Asuswrt-Merlin is 3.0.0.4 based firmware.

Do you see in my original reply where I was about firmware versions? I asked about VLAN Support.

unless you have something else...

There is nothing else to add here. This firmware is not available for GT-AXE11000.

There is nothing else to add here. This firmware is not available for GT-AXE11000.

Thank you, if I was asking about that this would be helpful surely :)

This router never got VLANs support because the firmware introducing VLANs support is not available for it. I don’t know how to answer your question better. Good luck.

This router never got VLANs support because the firmware introducing VLANs support is not available for it. I don’t know how to answer your question better. Good luck.

As I've said many many times already which it seems you missed so let me quote them...
Are you confirming you personally own a GT-AXE11000 and it works?
unless you can confirm you own a GT-AXE11000 and it does or does not have VLAN
Unfortunately this still isn't helpful until I get word from someone with the hardware.

I would like an answer for someone with the hardware to know if it supports VLANs. I don't care if it's based on 3.0.0.4 or 3.0.0.6. Just want to know if it supports VLANs. Not sure how many more times or more clearly I can say this, so if you still don't know how better you can answer it's probably because you can't...

Thanks again though!

Last edited:
Do you see in my original reply where I was about firmware versions? I asked about VLAN Support.
VLAN support comes with firmware 3.0.0.6. Since the GT-AXE11000 does not have firmware 3.0.0.6, therefore it does not have VLAN support (outside of the usual WAN/IPTV support). That's what Tech9 is telling you.

Here's another idea which is helpful, you can point me in a different direction of finding a WiFi 6E (or WiFi 7) router that is cheap and supports VLANs.
As always, I don't care if it's merlin or official firmware.

My original points remain:
The list provided does not provide a list of supported routers with VLANs, only routers with that firmware that support VLANs.
I currently own a router which supports VLANs, and need VLAN support. I also want to upgrade to the newly available 6GHz Spectrum here in Canada.

Based on that list alone, it does not answer if the AXE11000, which is as you said, a 3 year old router and cheap and supports 6GHz, supports VLANs which would be my last requirement.. (It could be supported by Merlin as mine is with older firmware.)

Therefore, for me to get an answer I need to ask someone with the hardware if it supports VLANs. Official firmware isn't a requirment, which is why my original question didn't specify official firmware.

VLAN support comes with firmware 3.0.0.6. Since the GT-AXE11000 does not have firmware 3.0.0.6, therefore it does not have VLAN support (outside of the usual WAN/IPTV support). That's what Tech9 is telling you.

So it does support IPTV VLAN? Like this?

1694701442951.png

I found this video of a guy saying it also doesn't support VLANs:

But doesn't show the interface, I just need IPTV VLAN as you say, if you can confirm that, case closed and all requirements met.

-Communication Gap: The main issue here seems to be a communication gap. While I'm looking for firsthand information about the hardware's capabilities, Tech9 is providing information based on firmware versions. This leads to repeated clarifications and some frustration.

1. My Perspective: I am are looking for a router that supports IPTV VLANs. I've seen a list and video, but I'm skeptical about its accuracy. I'm specifically interested in the GT-AXE11000 model, and want to know if it supports VLANs. I've repeatedly emphasized that I want firsthand information from someone who owns the hardware. I've also clarified that I don't necessarily need the latest firmware version (3.0.0.6) to have VLAN support, as my current router supports these VLANs on an older firmware version.
    • I'm not in the wrong for seeking clear and specific information. I've been consistent in my queries and have clarified my position multiple times.
  2. Tech9's Perspective: Tech9 is trying to provide information based on the firmware versions. They believe that the GT-AXE11000 doesn't support VLANs because it doesn't have the 3.0.0.6 firmware. They seem to be focusing on the firmware version as the determinant of VLAN support.
    • Tech9 isn't necessarily in the wrong either. They're providing information based on their understanding, which is centered around firmware versions. However, they could have been more receptive to my repeated clarifications.
  3. RMerlin's Input: RMerlin, clarifies that VLAN support comes with the 3.0.0.6 firmware. Since the GT-AXE11000 doesn't have this firmware, it doesn't support VLANs, except for the usual WAN/IPTV support.
    • RMerlin's input provides a more definitive answer. The GT-AXE11000 doesn't support VLANs in the way the original poster (OP) is looking for, but it does support the usual WAN/IPTV VLANs in the way I am looking for
Conclusion: It's a classic case of two parties talking past each other. Both of us have valid points, but there's a disconnect in the way the information is being sought and provided. It's always beneficial in such situations to take a step back, rephrase the question, or seek third-party input (like RMerlin's) to clarify the situation.

What you need is available on many routers - IPTV VLAN on the WAN side. What 3.0.0.6 firmware comes with is VLAN options on the LAN side. This is where the miscommunication comes from. You can watch IPTV, but you can’t create VLANs with your router. At least not in the GUI.

My Perspective: I am are looking for a router that supports IPTV VLANs.

You should have asked that in the first place... and be patient with others trying to help you to understand what you don't know.

OE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!