What's new

AB-Solution 1.07 is out!

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I just installed ab-solution and like it was supposed to do it erased my lan dns. I had the lan dns set to opendns and now with the lan dns entries blank, opendns doesn't block malware sites like it use to. Is there something I can do to get opendns back? I still have opendns active on my wan, but if I go to the opendns welcome page, it says that my dns servers are set to opendns, but when I click the test opendns blocking page it says the blocking test failed. Is there any scripts or anything I can do to put opendns dns back into the lan? Thank you for your time, David.
I can't help you with that. I'm sure someone else will have an idea.
What I'm perplexed of is that OpenDNS should need to resolve on the LAN level. If that is true, then OpenDNS is not what it used to be.

trying to install on a AC88U but getting installation errors

: not foundoot/ab-solution.sh: line 24: insert_dashed_line
: not foundoot/ab-solution.sh: line 31: insert_dashed_line
installation / upgrade
: not foundoot/ab-solution.sh: line 33: insert_dashed_line
not found line 70: write_update_hosts
: not found line 71: log_install_or_upgrade
: not found line 72: write_ab_dnsmasq_postconf
: not found line 73: write_dnsmasq_postconf

any ideas? thanks

Last edited:
trying to install on a AC88U but getting installation errors

: not foundoot/ab-solution.sh: line 24: insert_dashed_line

: not foundoot/ab-solution.sh: line 26: }
: not foundoot/ab-solution.sh: line 27:

: not foundoot/ab-solution.sh: line 31: insert_dashed_line
installation / upgrade
: not foundoot/ab-solution.sh: line 33: insert_dashed_line

any ideas? thanks
Did you download it with your browser?
Check if ab-solution.sh is in Unix EOL.
If you don't know what that means, delete the file on the router and use the curl method.

Did you download it with your browser?
Check if ab-solution.sh is in Unix EOL.
If you don't know what that means, delete the file on the router and use the curl method.

Yes I used the curl method.

ab-solution.sh
admin@AC88SMB:/tmp/home/root# df
Filesystem 1K-blocks Used Available Use% Mounted on
/dev/root 42624 42624 0 100% /
devtmpfs 257508 0 257508 0% /dev
tmpfs 257652 1988 255664 1% /tmp
/dev/mtdblock4 65536 5264 60272 8% /jffs
/dev/sda1 976758780 882924656 93834124 90% /tmp/mnt/TOURO
/dev/sdb5 3801967 8328 3597339 0% /tmp/mnt/sdb5
admin@AC88SMB:/tmp/home/root#

SDB5 is the ext3 drive.

getting this error at the end

: not foundoot/ab-solution.sh: line 81: set_sane_permissions
/tmp/home/root/ab-solution.sh: line 91: syntax error: unexpected word (expecting "in")

This file is clearly and undeniably in Windows EOL.
Run, assuming you are in /home/root and ab-solution.sh is too:
Code:
dos2unix ab-solution.sh
Then again
Code:
sh ab-solution.sh

Have a nice weekend and enjoy ad-blocking.

This file is clearly and undeniably in Windows EOL.
Run, assuming you are in /home/root and ab-solution.sh is too:
Code:
dos2unix ab-solution.sh
Then again
Code:
sh ab-solution.sh

Have a nice weekend and enjoy ad-blocking.

That worked thanks. Not sure how could have been in eol mode. I tried both CURL and WGET from command prompt telnet

I'm really sorry for this question right here, but.. I managed to install ab-solution but afterwards I can't run the program via putty. I'm stuck at the verry beginning at tmp/home/root# and I can't go nowhere.. it's my first time with Putty :) (sry for that)

I'm really sorry for this question right here, but.. I managed to install ab-solution but afterwards I can't run the program via putty. I'm stuck at the verry beginning at tmp/home/root# and I can't go nowhere.. it's my first time with Putty :) (sry for that)
AB-Solution 2.0 will be out in a very short time (I am writing the post for it at the moment).
Best let it rest and go get a cup of good old coffee. It'll be released by then. Install it and your link problem is solved :)
In the meantime use this to start it:
Code:
sh /tmp/mnt/<your USB device>/ab-solution.sh

@Robi-G My reply is awaiting moderator approval. But Use the newly released v2.0. This version solves this in an elegant way.

Hi it works great now. (1.07) .
I noticed that if I use a custom dns in airprotecion for some devices, the ads do not get blocked. Is there a way to overcome this?

Hi it works great now. (1.07) .
I noticed that if I use a custom dns in airprotecion for some devices, the ads do not get blocked. Is there a way to overcome this?
As all your DNS requests get sent to a service out in the "air", there is no way for the router's dnsmasq to interfere.