What's new

AC-5300 Problem

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Jasso

Regular Contributor
Just acquired an AC-5300, did factory reset and get download of 13 Meg against 77 Meg with RT-N66u.
Checked all the settings and seem OK to me, repeated reset and setup twice more with no improvement.
Stuck my trusty old RT-N66U back on and right back to 77/17, anyone with solution please?

Wired or wireless connection? What type of internet gateway device to you have, cable modem, ADSL, etc.?

Can to try a wired connection to the 5300 to check whether or not it's a WiFi issue.

Yeah should have done that first:(
Gives speed of 77/15

At least now you know where to look for the problem. If you have a WiFi connection "profile" on your client device delete/forget it and recreate it.

Sorted, after much tinkering in setup I had a look at speedtest on my iPhone and it was 60-70 Meg which is better than normal.
Turned out to be a driver problem on the laptop, after finding and installing new driver speed now up to 78/17 so all good.
Thanks for your time