What's new

[AC-88U] Lan port 5-8 no longer functional

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Laonifaron

Occasional Visitor
They all worked fine not too long ago, but now, the lan ports 5, 6, 7 and 8 are no longer functional. When I check tools -> sysinfo, the working LAN ports look like this:

LAN 1 - Vlan: 1 - Link state: down - last device seen: <none>

whereas the broken ports look like this:

LAN 5 (RTK) - Vlan: NA - Link state: down - last device seen: <unknown>

Anybody that can help me with this?

Don't really have any answers for you other then your like the third person now to report the same issue. Not sure whats going on with the 88 or if its software or hardware related.

Here is a related post.

https://www.snbforums.com/threads/rt-ac88u-4-ports-not-working.28617/

I have the same issue, but the port actually operates ok. just plugged in laptop cable and all is good.
But, my general level of cofidence on the 88U is dropping.
Day 1 of purchase I"lost" the 2.4G Wifi band
Day 2 is see this same issue with ports indicating down.
Been monitoring Wifi constantly.
Kinda scared to reboot in case other issue occur.

Nick

Yeah sorry to hear that. I bought 3100 the 88's little brother back in November of 2015 and it has been a rock solid performer the whole time. I think maybe some of the new revisions are having quality control issues.

I have the same issue, but the port actually operates ok. just plugged in laptop cable and all is good.
But, my general level of cofidence on the 88U is dropping.
Day 1 of purchase I"lost" the 2.4G Wifi band
Day 2 is see this same issue with ports indicating down.
Been monitoring Wifi constantly.
Kinda scared to reboot in case other issue occur.

Nick
When mine misbehaves I completely power down and allow it enough time to drain the caps clearing itself out before I reconnect it and try again.

RTK ports are working fine for me, and they also display the link state on the Sysinfo page.

Gents this just happened to me with 5-8. They worked fine last night but tonight no dice. Had to shuffle things around to the 4 primary ports and will have to use switches to regain those extra ports back.

Did you do a full power off, wait a couple of minutes and start it up again?

This 'fix' usually works.

I power cycled it and they came back on, however, with them being on a surge and voltage protected APC I'm not happy that they decided to take an extended break on me even though they never lost power.

Power supply? Wierd things happen with a failing, but not yet failed power supply.